Saturday, March 9, 2013

A ruined weekend

Warning: this post will be miserable, soz.

This weekend was meant to be brilliant. Both Nick and I could use our Christmas presents with a long weekend - but alas, it was not to be.

Nick managed to use his present. He spent today at Crufts, courtesy of my parents. It was gundog day, his favourite types - spaniels, etc - as he would definitely not be happy on Toy dog day! Nick volunteers at Bristol Cats and Dogs, and walks all the dogs who are there, so is really quite passionate about them. I've shared two of his (awful) photos but apparently he had a great time and loved every second.



The guide dog display - CUTE

 
A braccio italiano
On Thursday evening, I felt a bit of a tickle in the throat. Through Friday I got worse. Nick decided to go Crufts without me - at first I was gutted. Then I didn't get out of bed until 1pm today so I think he made the right decision - I would not have been pleasant company!

Next year, maybe...

But I'm really gutted about the rest of the weekend. Cinema trip cancelled tonight. And tomorrow we were going to London, for afternoon tea at Claridges. My Christmas present.

I've wanted to do this for years, and I get ill and we have to reschedule. Luckily we can reschedule - but it won't be for months as they are rather busy. And we lose money on the hotel.

So instead I'm going to sit in bed, whinge and be bloody miserable.

Weekend ruined.

No comments:

Post a Comment